- Conduct all genetic tests and alter if need be?
- Register for gifts wanted at online registries.
- Dedicate a blog site or photo sharing site to document and share the progress of baby from as early as possible.
- Develop a ring of friends and play hubs online.
- Research baby names online and have that baby named as soon as you know the sex. Most popular top five names for boys and girls: Boys -- Michael, Jacob, Matthew, Joseph and Christopher; Girls - Hannah, Madison, Elizabeth, Alexis and Sarah. Figure out the meaning of the name.
- Register for a domain name for the baby.
- Think about GPS bracelets or Radio Frequency Identification Tags (RDIF)
- Put the baby's name on wait lists for schools.
- Make arrangements to permanently store the umbilical cord blood ($2,000 for one-time fee, $100 annual fee -- private storage recommended).
- Stock up on Baby Einstein music and tapes to begin developing the brain from the start.
- Upload a video of the birth and set up text/email alerts to announce the arrival
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
"Cord blood is collected from the umbilical cord immediately after the birth of the baby and after the cord has been cut. This blood is routinely discarded and collecting it does not alter normal birthing procedures. The collection can only take place at the time of delivery and is normally performed by your caregiver." Courtesy of CBR